Evanton Community Wood
YOUR WOOD TO ENJOY AND PROTECT!
- Bought by the community in 2012 with support from The Heritage Lottery, Kiltearn Community Council Windfarm grants, local businesses and individuals etc.
- Improved path network and pond with seating
- Woodland cabin and composting toilet – available for events and bookings
- Woodland Play Area – for all abilities
- Activity areas at The Dell and The River Bend
- Mag's Wood open area with octagonal log-built shelter - built mainly by volunteers (completed 2019)
- Secret Trail through the thick wood (behind play area)
- Walking route to the spectacular Blackrock Gorge
- Family friendly events through the year
- Regular visits by schools and local nurseries
- 'Get Outdoors' Dementia Project (Friday mornings)
- Volunteer Fridays (every week) and last Saturday of the month. Run from 10 am to 1pm. All Welcome.
- Winner of Scotland's Finest Woods Education prize (2015); winner of Scotland's Finest Woods Healthly Lifestyles prize (2016); commended in RSPB Nature of Scotland awards (2016)
- Finalist in National Lottery Awards (2017)
- First Dementia Friendly Woodland in Scotland (2019)
For Information and cabin bookings see here (or call 01349 830517)
For school bookings and Dementia programme call 01349 830517
Board Matters 07732024944
Click for the 5 -YEAR REPORT 2012- 17